EU PV Clusters 3rd Workshop and General Assembly
CPVMatch was presented at the EU PV Clusters 3rd Workshop and General Assembly in Barcelona, Spain on May 25-26, 2016. The event, which was organized by LEITAT brought together coordinators of EU-funded projects in the field of PV as well as representatives from the European Commission. Major objectives of the event were
- to highlight key results of the research and innovation (R&I) projects supported by various programmes of FP7 and Horizon 2020 (the current EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation 2017-2020) in the field of Photovoltaics (PV) and review their technology readiness level (TRL) in a value-chain approach
- to give an updated overview of the portfolio of projects in the PV field to bring forward the global picture of PV R&I in Europe and highlight the impact of advanced materials and nanotechnology on the European PV industry.
- to identify common R&I priorities for bridging the gap between advanced materials and nanotechnology-based innovation and the successful commercialisation of innovative products and industrial technologies.
- to provide a forum for discussion, problem solving and planning of R&I activities in Europe and give key recommendations on future R&I needs in the PV domain, including cross-cutting topics (engineering and upscaling, characterisation, modelling, standardisation, safety and pilot lines for PV)
- to enable the materials, nanotechnology & PV communities in Europe to develop strategic collaborations and industrial partnerships.
- to review the existing materials, nanotechnology and PV roadmaps to support the development of European PV industry, and to implement them in Horizon 2020.
All presentations of the event (including the slides on CPVMatch) can be found here.